What is the halftone printing on T-Shirts?
Halftone is the technique that simulates continuous tone imagery through the use of dots, varying either in size or in spacing, thus generating a gradient-like effect. Designs with gradients can be printed on T-Shirts using this halftone technique and such prints are called Halftone Prints. Where continuous toned images have various colour shades, the halftone process reduces the design to only one colour where the gradient effect is created by varying the size and space between the dots.
Halftone Printing on t-shirts is best suitable for the following designs and occasions:
- Photographic Prints
- Designs with Gradients
The advantages of Halftone Printing on T-Shirts:
- Photographic t-shirt designs can be printed as durable screen prints
- Photographic t-shirt designs can be converted into a single colour making it cost effect to print
- Design with multiple colour gradients can be printed cost effectively through screen printing instead of direct to garment(DTG) printing
The disadvantages of Halftone Printing on T-Shirts:
- The t-shirt design will not be an exact replica of the the photograph or the design with gradients
- The T-Shirt design proof made by our designer will not contain the exact half tone design which will be printed
- Halftone T-Shirt prints are best done on lighter garments with a darker print
Photographic t-shirt designs and designs with gradients can be printed through either Halftone Screen Printing on Direct to garment(DTG) printing. You can learn about the advantages and disadvantages of Screen printing vs Direct to Garment Printing and then decide which printing technique you wish to choose for your custom t-shirt order.